- Scripture is God's Word to us. It's trustworthy to the last letter and the center of our worship.
- Grace is abundant life to the undeserving through the work of Jesus. Our performance no longer defines us- his does.
- Transformation is a new heart in action- individuals, families, and entire cultures made gloriously new.
- Worship is our joyful response to God. It's every moment of our lives, and together on Sundays.
- Family is a crucial part of God's mission and our focus. Strong families are the home base for engaging the world in love.
- Community is where we can be both truly known and fully loved. Much of our ministry is simply 'doing life' together.
- Impact leaves the world around us transformed. The advance of Christ's gospel is our mission, the assurance of his grace is our might.
- Salvation is freely given, never earned. Only by the gift of faith can we be saved from our brokenness.
- Eternal Life begins now for all who believe. This is eternal life: that you know the only true God, and his Son, Jesus Christ.
- Freedom from guilt, freedom from dominion. Though Jesus won the war, holiness is our life-long battle. His Holy Spirit makes us new day by day as we spread his freedom to the world.
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, down to the last word. God has given us his Word that we may know how to live and know him.
- God is one, yet exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Has always existed and always will. He is perfect and holy, sovereign over all.
- Mankind is separated from God because we chose sin. Every person is in need of salvation.
- Jesus Christ brings sinners back to God through his life, death, and resurrection. His perfect righteousness is given to all who trust in him.
For more on our beliefs, see the Presbyterian Church in America.
Back in the mid 1990’s, God began a vision in the heart of Harrison and Sandy Spitler to plant a church that would plant other churches locally and around the world. It was a vision to see people come to know Jesus Christ in all of his limitless love, powerful mercy, and unfathomable grace. They began to pray for God to equip them and open doors in his timing. After joining with a local body and through much prayer, Grace Community Church was planted in South Charlotte. On Sunday, January 4th, 2003, GCC began meeting with a small group of people many of whom were either new believers in Christ or had just moved to the area. God blessed the young church with some great leadership and GCC began Sunday morning worship on Easter, April 20th, 2003.Since the beginning God has done amazing things in and through Grace. In 2004, GCC ignited a church-planting movement in Nkokonjeru, Uganda and has since partnered in church planting in Raleigh, Charlotte, Utah, Bulgaria, France, Egypt, SE Asia and the Pacific Northwest.
God has kept us here since 2002 to serve Marvin, Waxhaw, Weddington and South Charlotte. Our passion to bring every person in this area into an encounter with Jesus Christ has only grown stronger, more resolute, over the years. On April 1st, 2018 we launched at a new location with the name Grace Presbyterian Church to reflect the change God has been working in us. By grace we press on towards the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Will you press on with us?