A place for strugglers to hope, skeptics to encounter, and religious to find freedom. Come as you are, knowing that meeting Him will never leave you the same.
At Grace Community Church, we believe that we were created to worship God, and we desire for our congregation to worship together in one spirit, as one body of believers, giving our praises to the One God who is worthy of worship alone.
Our desire is to worship God in all aspects of our life. As John Piper puts it, “worship is not a means but it is the end.” Worship is an integral part of our lives as believers in Jesus Christ. We believe that true worship is the act of ascribing honor and majesty to our Creator and it is vertical in direction – directed to God alone. We believe that true worship extends beyond Sunday morning to every aspect of our lives – we are to practice it corporately, within our families, and privately. We desire to worship God with our hearts, our souls and our minds, and we do so through our praise and thanksgiving, through our acts of service, and through the giving of our tithes and offerings.
In John 4; Jesus tells the woman at the well that true worshippers will worship Him in spirit and in truth. Because we have been transformed by the Grace of God, we also will worship Him passionately in spirit and in truth. We incorporate a variety of music into our services, some old hymns and some modern praise songs, led by our worship team and band, and we focus on the importance of rich theology in the songs we sing. We also incorporate creeds and responsive readings in order to connect with the history of our faith.
We want you to come as you are and to join us in worshipping our Savior, Christ the Lord! You will never be the same.
- Scripture is God's Word to us. It's trustworthy to the last letter and the center of our worship.
- Grace is abundant life to the undeserving through the work of Jesus. Our performance no longer defines us- his does.
- Transformation is a new heart in action- individuals, families, and entire cultures made gloriously new.
- Worship is our joyful response to God. It's every moment of our lives, and together on Sundays.
- Family is a crucial part of God's mission and our focus. Strong families are the home base for engaging the world in love.
- Community is where we can be both truly known and fully loved. Much of our ministry is simply 'doing life' together.
- Impact leaves the world around us transformed. The advance of Christ's gospel is our mission, the assurance of his grace is our might.
- Salvation is freely given, never earned. Only by the gift of faith can we be saved from our brokenness.
- Eternal Life begins now for all who believe. This is eternal life: that you know the only true God, and his Son, Jesus Christ.
- Freedom from guilt, freedom from dominion. Though Jesus won the war, holiness is our life-long battle. His Holy Spirit makes us new day by day as we spread his freedom to the world.
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, down to the last word. God has given us his Word that we may know how to live and know him.
- God is one, yet exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Has always existed and always will. He is perfect and holy, sovereign over all.
- Mankind is separated from God because we chose sin. Every person is in need of salvation.
- Jesus Christ brings sinners back to God through his life, death, and resurrection. His perfect righteousness is given to all who trust in him.
For more on our beliefs, see the Presbyterian Church in America.